Friday, March 02, 2007

The Plastic Thingy Mystery Solved!

So I found this black plastic thingy on the floor by my desk the same night a friend visited. I thought maybe it was something that belonged to him because he went to my desk area to look out the window, so I thought "oh this black thingy must've fallen out of his jacket or something, I'll just send him a picture of it and ask if it's his, and it probably is." He said it didn't belong to him, so I was confused. My cousin had been here recently as well, but she hadn't gone into my desk area, so it couldn't belong to her. So I've had this mystery black plastic thingy just hanging around for a while. We recently just got hit by a huge blizzard, so today I've been pretty bored, and I suddenly discovered the answer! If I wasn't bored, I may have never noticed, or at least not for a long time. Here's the plastic thingy:

Looks pretty weird, right? I didn't know what it could possibly be for, I initally thought it was a piece of a clip for a cell phone or something. Now I feel pretty silly for having such a creative imagination, because this is what it's for:

Look closely. See the lower left drawer? No handle! The thingy is just the handle for that drawer! I probably took so long to notice because I don't often need something from that drawer. And If I hadn't been bored, I probably wouldn't have been looking around for something to clean, and I wouldn't have looked at the drawers. I also wouldn't have blogged, but like I said, I was bored! :-P And it's a funny story anyway.

No comments: