Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chris loves Val (and boy is that cute) :-)

For a while now, my neighbor Chris has visited occasionally and taken one or more of my hermit crabs out of the tank so they can play. They really like him, and they seem to enjoy the little break from the tank. The other night he was here because we were going to watch the latest disc sent to me by Netflix. While I fiddled with my laptop to get the DVD to play, he had Val the hermit crab out to play. He was letting her walk around on my couch and on his lap and talking to her, saying things like "How can you climb that, it's too slippery, you'll just fall!" "Don't go in there, you'll get lost!" My response was always "She's a hermit crab, she doesn't know that, silly!" But I really think it's cuter than heck when he plays with them and talks to them. I often have a lot going on. If I'm not working, I'm here cleaning or catching up on my sewing or whatever, and it's nice to have him come visit with me and have some play time with the hermit crabs. I think if he wasn't a truck driver he might have his own hermit crabs, but he's never home so I would be crab-sitting for him almost every day. That wouldn't be so bad I guess, but I've got my own critters here. When he gets home I'll have to have him over for "hermie time."

No comments: