Friday, January 11, 2008

White Rabbit is good

Since trying Pocky, I've been curious about the little confections in the Asian section at Cub. I tried Yan Yan and that's one of my favorite goodies now. I was looking to try something new, so I grabbed my usual Yan Yan and a box of Pocky and then I looked at some of the other choices and discovered White Rabbit. It looked pretty harmless, like taffy or something so I decided to try it. Here's what it looks like:

I've got one in the wrapper there and one unwrapped. The wrapper is just like paper or whatever like on a Tootsie roll. The unique part of White Rabbit though, is after you remove the wrapper, there's what looks like a thin wax paper wrapper around the candy but it comes off in little pieces. Whatever it is, it's edible. I looked on Wikipedia last night and found out it's a thin edible film made from sticky rice. Whatever this stuff is made of, it's pretty good. It actually tastes a little like carmel. I usually have to hold it in my hand for a few minutes before I unwrap it or it's impossible to chew. They're good though. Now I'm ready to try another goofy Asian goodie from Cub's shelf. They had ginger candy there. I've had that before and it's friggin nasty. There's little jelly bars or fizzy candies or wafer thingies. I'll have to go back there and take a look.

No comments: