Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lots going on

My mice live in separate cages because they're mean to each other, but they all seem happy with their environments. Boris has escaped twice, he's back in captivity again and renamed Houdini for his ability to get away from us.
Friday is my service anniversary with Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts. I have been working there for a year now, and I'm not even tired of it yet. Even if I have a job I like, I get tired of it eventually, and it happens before the one year mark. I figured even though this job would be fun and I would be helpful because I know what I'm talking about, I might still get burned out by now, but I haven't. Somehow I'm not desensitized to fabrics & crafts yet, however, I somehow can resist walking out of the store with lots of stuff at the end of every day. Yes I buy things sometimes, but I don't go as nuts as one would think. And at this point, when I ask "What are you making?" and they say "You won't believe me if I tell you," I can honestly tell them I've heard it all.
I have 11 critters in this apartment, and they're all being kept happy. With all that we have going on and how I never have time to clean, I still manage to feed them all and clean their cages.
My parents & I got puppies when I was a kid, and the puppies & I grew up together. One was just put to sleep last week because she was sick, and the other is still here and she's 13 years old. Hopefully Tundra is now enjoying a very big rubber Kong toy in doggy heaven. Maybe she can see crayfish heaven where all my pet crayfish of the past are thinking "NO!! That's that dog that was picking our friends up in her mouth and biting them because they pinched her tongue!! Stay away, dog, please!" I think that was the same weekend at the cabin when Tundra knocked my dad's beer over and started to lick it off the ground. Maybe she was just looking for a seafood meal with an Old Milwaukee?

No comments: