Sunday, November 12, 2006

Burned Out By Haus

So okay. Friday afternoon I showed up at my Uncle Mike's house to watch his girlfriend's daughter, who's 9. She asked me if I could do the whole weekend because she wanted to have a girls weekend out, so I said that was fine. I agreed to do this because her daughter is no trouble at all. I have been babysitting this kid since she was 4, and she's never been any trouble. Uncle Mike's dog, Haus, however, is more trouble than a spoiled toddler. He's a huge energetic lab, so he's this big dopey furball. I got here on Friday and it's Sunday, and I just can't wait to get the heck out of this house and go back to Esko to my parents' house. At least my parents and my hermit crabs aren't like spoiled toddlers, so things are pretty quiet there. There's also 2 cats living here, but they really like to just sorta hang out or sit on my lap--they don't cause any trouble. Well hopefully I'll end up renting this little efficiency like way out on the edge of Duluth where I'm sure tumbleweeds blow--although the bus goes there, so maybe it's the same scene only no tumbleweeds. It will be way too quiet there because I won't be allowed to have furry critters, just the crabs and a seemingly epileptic betta. I really think those fish need to be taken care of better at Wal*Mart. The betta cups are stacked REALLY high and the water in every cup is dirty, so it's no surprise that my betta suddenly goes from calm to flailing around like he's being choked. Maybe when he gets old, he'll get fishy Alzheimer’s and forget his water was ever dirty at Wal*Mart, or maybe he'll forget what Wal*Mart is and stop randomly freaking out. For now I just worry about him trying to purposely choke on one of the rocks in his tank so he can end this battle between his brain and his brain.

No comments: