Saturday, November 18, 2006

Livin' On The Edge (Of The Earth)


So I moved out of my parents' house now and into a little place of my own in the above pictured building with the hermit crabs and the fish. The hermit crabs are still too quiet, I would rather have furry rodents, but I am only allowed to have the crabs and the fish. Although my kitchen echoes quite a bit, so sometimes when the crabs decide it's party time, the "THUNK!" of them screwing around travels through the whole place and I would imagine down the hall as well. If I laugh at my TV I can hear it in the kitchen and I'm sure they hear it down the hall. Everything I do is sorta magnified by the kitchen. Just pouring cereal or opening chips seems like it's picked up with a mic and then there's speakers up in each corner. The ceilings are really high, so I'm sure that's what's going on. The edge of the Earth is just down the street. Dad says he saw "sailboats piled up down there," and I saw for myself that the edge of the Earth looks to be the St. Louis River. I see a lot of cars come up the road that comes from the edge of the Earth, and I assume there's so many because they come from the other way, realize they've reached the edge of the Earth, and then they turn around and come back. Even the bus goes there, which is handy for me because even as someone who lives at the edge of the Earth, I need to go places, too! I also have phone service and I get TV channels and radio stations, so there must be a big antenna at the edge of the Earth as well. My apartment even came with a phone book, so I am able to reach the other Earthlings. I have even had contact with a few, and they're all as friendly as me. I think the hermit crabs can contact those BEYOND the edge of the Earth, and that may be why they're so restless at night.

No comments: